Done and closed tickets are still being moved from sprint to sprint :(

Azeez Alimi December 7, 2021

Hey Guys
I am trying to get the use my burn down chart but I have noticed that every sprint it still includes closed or done task into the next sprint 

Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 10.23.23.png

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Azeez Alimi , welcome to the community!

For an issue to be seen as 'Done' in a sprint, the status that the issues are in must be mapped to the right-most column of the Sprint board. I would check the config of your board to make sure that the Closed/Done statuses are mapped to this column.

Pete Carapeticow August 22, 2022

I was facing the same issue and after drag'n drop the "Done" status to the right-most column of the Sprint board (Panel) closed tasks were nt moved for the next sprint.

Many thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Is the board you are using to move the issues to done the same one the sprint was created from?

Pete Carapeticow August 23, 2022

Hi, Nic.

No. We use to create sprints directly from "Backlog" tab.

For this adjustment, Go to "Panel" tab (or other you can see the tasks's status by columns) and drag&drop "Done" column to the right-most position, as below example.

image.png

This problem use to start after create a new status. It's create at right, taking the "done" position. Once you set "Done" back to the original  right-most side, the problem is solved.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

Sorry, I thought you said you were having the same problem as the original, but I misread it.  You say you're not having issues go to the next sprint if you close the sprint with them in the last column on the board, which is the correct behaviour.

Pete Carapeticow August 24, 2022

The problem I was facing is the same as the original "Done and closed tickets are still being moved from sprint to sprint :("

When I requested to close a Sprint, message displayed 1 task as done despite there are 30 completed tasks.

After rearrange columns sequence as above demonstrated, all closed tickets were able to be ended with the Srint closure.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Also, ensure that any sub-tasks for these tickets are also in a done status that is mapped to the right-most column.

Suggest an answer