Domain Verification Not Working

Jeff McAhren April 26, 2018

I am trying to set up a Jira Service Desk Cloud instance to test.  I paid for month instance with 3 agents.  In this POC, I would like to fully configure user management with our identity provider (Okta). 

Per the instructions in the link below, I added the txt record to our DNS host, and I verified that it propagated as expected (I looked at the txt record using MXToolBox, and it IS there). 

So then, a few days later in Atlassian, I clicked the Verify Domain button and entered my domain, and then clicked the Verify Domain button.  The dialog then just goes away without any further information.

Then  I waited >72 hours, came back, and the domain is not verified.  No confirmation ether way (positive or negative), but it's not working, because all indications on other screens say, something to the effect of, "you have not verified your domain", or "no verified domains".

It's now been a full week, and still no verified domain. 

What's going on?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/domain-verification-873871234.html 

5 answers

1 vote
Tony Sargent
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2018

Same issue here with Azure DNS zone

Rodrigo Baldasso
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

Hi Tony, I just bounced back to you the ticket raised on our support service related to this issue.

1 vote
Rodrigo Baldasso
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2018

Hi Jeff,

Can you please confirm that you added the DNS txt entry with double quotes inside your domain dns provider? 

Some providers also doesn't allow multiple TXT entries so you may have to concatenate them in the same line if you have more than one.

Also, be sure to add the entry to the domain level that you are trying to verify. Eg, if you are trying to verify the domain root level, you should add the entry with an "@" (might vary depending of your domain dns provider).

If you can't find the problem, please provide some screenshots (with sensitive information removed), and we'll assist you further.

Thanks!

Jeff McAhren April 27, 2018

Hey Rodrigo, I added a couple screenshots in the initial ticket, I'm not sure about the double quotes, because there are none in the txt field that I copied out of the Atlassian domain page.

Here is another place for the screenshots I speak of (in case you don't see them in this ticket):  https://imgur.com/a/e3kQSar

Does that help?

Jeffrey Cronkshaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2018

I am having the exact same issue - using AWS Route 53

0 votes
Ignacy Wilczyński
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 12, 2018

Hi, I have a problem with Office 365.

"The domain could not be verified. Uh oh! There was an error trying to verify your domain. Please try again later."

The TXT records are configured this way: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=txt%3awillisdemo.onmicrosoft.com&run=toolpage#

Please, help.

Rob Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 20, 2018

Did you ever get this solved? I'm trying to do it and Microsoft is telling me that I can't set the TXT record to anything but 1 hour so it fails.

0 votes
Stan Hayes September 6, 2018

I am having same issue.

0 votes
Arunram Kalaiselvan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 29, 2018

I have the same issue using google cloud dns

Aaron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 1, 2019

Me too

Brendan Fields
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 19, 2021

me too

Suggest an answer