Does Jira do dynamic scheduling?

Raymond J Wohltman March 29, 2023

Hello,

If I've created a project in Jira with dependencies, if I need to adjust the finish date, will all of the dependent tasks get adjusted as well, or does that need to be done manually?

If time is entered against a task, will the % complete be calculated based on the amount of work originally estimated, or does the % complete just a reflection of what status it is in of the workflow>

Does it allow you to assign a resource at a % of time, and the finish date calculated based on the % of time and the total work? Can 2 or more resources be assigned to the same task?

Does anyone have experience with the Ceptah Bridge that supports bi-directional synchronization between MS Project and Jira? Is there another addin that does this? 

Thanks, Ray 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2023

@Raymond J Wohltman I am not familiar with Ceptah Bridge.  

Due Dates are not automatically calculated based on resource allocation, dependencies, etc.

There are some things you can do with automation to link issues together but the best solutions are marketplace apps like Tempo and BigPicture.  Those applications do all the things you mentioned above.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events