Does JIRA 7.3 server support openJDK?

argreen3 November 23, 2017
Atlassian website suggests no, only oracle java but my IT dept are insisting that OpenJDK is supported. I need a definitive answer that can’t be argued with.

2 answers

1 vote
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

It is not supported. Meaning when contacting support, they might not help with problems because you're using an unsupported platform. This doesn't mean that JIRA 7.3 won't work with openJDK.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

Your IT Department is absolutely, undeniably, wrong. 

If something is not listed on the "Supported Platforms" page for your version, then it is not supported.  OpenJDK is clearly not listed on https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/supported-platforms-861253018.html therefore it is not supported.

I can also tell you that it doesn't work - Jira will start and run, but throw certain errors and gradually fail (more and faster if certain add-ons are installed)

Suggest an answer