Does Atlassian not know what they're doing with the system navigation?

Gerrie Diaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2020

Given that navigation is a crucial part of a system. You would think they would tread carefully, but in my experience it is the area of the system that changes quite drastically, quite often. What gives?

From Newest to oldest: 

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 8.26.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-10 at 8.28.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 8.26.09 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

Hi Gerrie,

You might refer to this issue for some more background information and follow along with the status:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73180

Briefly, my understanding was that the navigation was originally on the top. Then it moved to the left side and many people were not happy. So it was modified to move back to the top. 

For me, the latest change back to the top nav is MUCH better. I don't think it will be changing anytime soon. 

Gerrie Diaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2020

Thanks John, this is helpful.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Ann Hemmons July 20, 2020

I used the navigation 90 per cent of the time to go back and forth from issue to project, to filter, to boards. I don't have a problem with you moving the navigation to the top or the side, but, I do have a problem with not having the navigation buttons. There is no straightforward way to go to projects, filters, boards, issues with one click like it used to be. Also, there is no navigation to boards, anywhere on the page. :(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events