Do all managed accounts use a license seat ?

Paul Taylor December 6, 2021

We just connected up our JIRA cloud to our azure Active directory. I see all the accounts from our domain but i only want some of them to have a seat in my JIRA.  I see the products they have access to and some users have Trello and some have no product access. A few others have JIRA access.  

Since my group doesn't use Trello it seems a fair assumption that this is coming from somewhere else - a centralized view of the account that sits somewhere else. 

Since there are various instances of JIRA in our organization how is the managed accounts function in JIRA knowing this. If a user has JIRA product access in another instance it is showing that in my cloud as user have Jira software access and using up one of my license seats ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hey @Paul Taylor 

Given you can see all the accounts in your domain, I'm guessing that you're in Atlassian Access and the domain has been claimed (https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/verify-a-domain-to-manage-accounts/)

If this is the case, then https://support.atlassian.com/subscriptions-and-billing/docs/manage-your-bill-for-atlassian-access/ would apply to determine which of the accounts are billable in Access. Like a lot of things Cloud, the maths can get complicated as you don't pay for a user in Access if they have a premium or enterprise level cloud product

CCM

Paul Taylor December 6, 2021

thanks @Craig Castle-Mead  for the response yes we are on the premium plan, atlassian access which i think includes up to 250 users. What i see is that of the 704 managed accounts, 473 we would be charged for.... which i think based on what you have said and the links you provided is because the difference is the number of people that already have some kind of atlassian paid account somewhere else ?

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hey @Paul Taylor 

You can have a managed account (one that shows up on your Access user list as it's part of a claimed domain), but if a user either has no current product access (they were a Jira user, and then were removed from the Jira site for example), have access to a non-billable product (eg: only JSD/JSM Customers) or have access to a Premium product (eg: Jira Premium/Enterprise, OpsGenie) then they're not billable.

https://support.atlassian.com/subscriptions-and-billing/docs/manage-your-bill-for-atlassian-access/ has some more detail

This image may feel relevant. 

Math Lady / Confused Lady | Know Your Meme

CCM

Paul Taylor December 13, 2021

lol, i think i understand what you mean - thanks for helping

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders