Display simple percentage value on dashboard?

Daniel December 9, 2019

Hi all,

maybe I'm not seeing the wood for trees. 

In the dashboard, I'd like to show a simple percentage value. The number of issues for 100% comes from a saved filter. The number of issues for the percentage value to show (as a part of 100%) comes from another saved filter. 

I did not find a gadget which allows that simple evaluation. Do you know one?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

What about Issue Statistics gadget?

Daniel December 10, 2019

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but it seems I can only choose one filter there as the basis stock of issues. For the statistics themselves I have to choose the "Statistic Type", which does not allow choice of a Jira Workflow Toolbox's "Calculated Number field", which I would need to use here. Also, I'd need to run a short evaluation on the data in that field before displaying it as statistics, which is also not pssible here. 
The percentage value  need is the relation between:

- Number of issues returned by a specific (working) filter

- Number of issues returned by another specific (working) filter

Alternatively to the second filter, I could use the first one, but then in the gadget I'd need to check a condition oh the returned issues: Value of field XY is <= 0.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

sorry i did not fully understand your requirement and not sure I do still. But yes you only choose a single filter as with all gadgets.

Daniel December 11, 2019

Maybe I'm thinking too complicated.
All I need is somewhere (not necessarily on the dashboard, But where else should Jira show such a value?) a percentage value calculated from 

- the amount of issue returned by filter #1:

project = XY AND duedate is not EMPTY AND (Forecast is not EMPTY OR resolutiondate is not EMPTY)

- the emounf of issues returned by filter #2: 

project = XY AND duedate is not EMPTY AND (Forecast is not EMPTY OR resolutiondate is not EMPTY) AND AnotherCustomField <= 0

(i.e. #2 returns a subset of the issues #1 returns)

For example: First filter returns 50 issues. Second filter returns 5 issues --> Percentage value should show "10%".

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Daniel

Displaying a percentage value is possible with the Great Gadgets app for Jira.

This app offers an Advanced Issue Filter Formula Gadget that can calculate and display percentage, as you described. Here is is an example:

PercentReopenedTickets.png

Danut.

Daniel October 1, 2021

Thank you, this looks very interesting! I'll have a look.

Daniel

Suggest an answer