Display issues from different boards in a unique board

Benjamin Prenom November 9, 2020

Hi everyone,

After trying out a lot of different options with no success, I hope you'll be bale to help me out ;)

I want to display issues from different board on a unique kanban board.
The idea is to avoid switching from a board to another when I work on multiple projects at the same time and have all issues from all these projects displayed on a unique board.

I have Board A, B and C set as follow:
- Board A:
                1 issue TODO assigned to Jack
                1 issue TODO assigned to Joe
- Board B:
- Board C:

On the Board A, I want to display issues assigned to Jack, in a TO DO status across board A, B and C.
I used the following quick filters but for some reasons, the issues from board B and C do not show up:
project in (A, B, C) AND status in ("To Do") AND resolution = Unresolved AND assignee in (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I even tried a simpler filter for debugging purposes, only issues from board A appear:
project in (A, B, C)

It's like the filter is not able to access these boards. Issues from board A (the actual board where I set the filter from) do show up.

Hope the description is clear enough, do not hesitate to ask for further details if needed.

Thanks,
Ben.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

Hi @Benjamin Prenom 

Just to understand you right: 

you plan and try to use a quick filter on board A to show issues from board B and C?

what filter is the base for the board itself? Does it include all boards = issues you want to display?

Because the usage of a quick filter Is to narrow the available issues within a board. Not across. 

so a solution would be:

1) Create a filter with all issues for all three boards 

2) create a new board with that filter as basis

3) create your different quick filters on that new board

4) and very important: check permissions on board and Basis filter 

Benjamin Prenom December 7, 2020

Hi @nina_schmidt ,

Thanks for your answer, the steps you suggested work just fine!
Indeed, I had to create an "empty" board with this filter as a basis and use this board just to display issues from other boards.

It works well, thank you very much for your help!

Ben.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events