Display in a screen the value Step associate to the status in workflow?

FINOT Stephane May 3, 2023

How i can i display in a screen the value Step associate to the status in workflow?

this step is  a description of the status and is easier to understand for users but i don'f find the way to display it

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi @FINOT Stephane and welcome to the community,

Are you referring to the step name of a workflow?

step name.png

FINOT Stephane May 4, 2023

yes

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

I'm not sure that the step name is a field to which you can refer to and place in a screen. Read this post as well https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-rename-a-step/qaq-p/706538 to which Nic Brough mentions:

Steps are the structural part of a workflow, which are hidden from the users when they are in the diagram mode.  They are mostly hidden from users on the front end as well.

There's a 1:1 relationship between steps and status - every step has an associated status, and that status can only be used by one step in a workflow.  This structure sounds like steps are redundant as you could be building workflows by linking status directly, but that would make the code a lot more complex, and require a rewrite of the editor and workflow engine.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

There's no easy way to get to the step name, even Scriptrunner has to go into parsing the XML of the workflow to get to it.

I think if you want descriptions of your steps and transitions, you will have to use the workflow properties - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/workflow-properties-938847526.html (and look for "title" and "description" properties)

Suggest an answer