Display fields in Jira Workflow

Charles Delaporte May 10, 2021

Hi,

I manage a project where we produce reports: each report can have several improvements, it is related to a customer, has a user guide (...) i.e. requires several custom fields.

I would like to achieve the following outcome:

- display the list of all reports

- display the list of improvements under each report, with the status, description, priority and the custom fields

I was planning to use the Road Map feature to do this: make each report an epic and each improvement an issue under this epic.

However, it seems that the road map cannot be customized to display additional fields. 

Is this correct ?

Any other suggestion on how I could solve this problem?

Many thanks :) 

2021-05-11_15-12-34.png

4 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2022

@Charles Delaporte you will need an app if you want a roadmap and custom fields.   I think Big Gantt / BigPicture provides this functionality.

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

May I ask what kind of information you have in your custom fields and how they are relevant to get the tasks done in time based on your road map planning?

The Roadmap is basically just a watered down Gantt and for many reasons not very useful since it is tied to just one project and have little to no customization options.

You probably want a portfolio tool on operational level and since you do not seem to have any need for resource management, I would suggest Advanced Roadmaps, which is available in the premium version of Jira.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/roadmaps/advanced-roadmaps

BigPicture is probably not the right tool, as it is far more advanced and is better used as a strategic portfolio.

You also have the option to create an overview in Confluence, which can be a better choice since you will need to document each solution anyway and since Jira is not a documentation tool it could make sense to have the overview in Confluence with the documentation.

While you will not get a dynamic roadmap, you can very easily make timelines and connect each time slot in your Gantt with a corresponding Jira link, or Confluence link.

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Charles Delaporte

In BigGantt/BigPicture, you can easily create a Roadmap with Reports and Improvements
and display all necessary metrics. 
Column View is fully custom customized, and apart from the key information supporting project monitoring, you can add any Jira custom field. 

Moreover, our app allows you to measure progress not only on a single task level but also on a parent, project, or its phases level, thanks to data aggregation of statuses, progress, and time tracking.
Inne.png 
Please also be informed that we've significantly improved usability, and now you can in-edit all data in BigGantt/BigPicture without the necessity to dig in Jira tickets. 
Tag me if you have more questions.
0 votes
Deleted user March 27, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders