Display Date Range in ROADMAP not only for Epics, also for STORY

Ricardo Salatino January 10, 2020

Currently, the ROADMAP only shows the date range for Epics (start and end dates in a bar graph).

But inside this range, STORIES that are done to complete the Epic.

The STORIES have also Start and End date, and would be really useful to have them in the ROADMAP in the date range inside. It will be easier to follow up the planning of work (in Stories) inside an Epic.

Story_Without_Date_Range.JPG

For instance: In this case (the image above) the Epic goes from:

• Start Date = 10-Jan-2020
    End Date  = 31-Jan-2020

The Stories inside:

UX DESIGNS

• Start Date = 10-Jan-2020
    End Date  = 12-Jan-2020

TEST TEST

• Start Date = 13-Jan-2020
    End Date  = 22-Jan-2020

but they (The Stories) are not shown in the calendar with the start and end date.

I've searched for requests related to this for next-gen, but haven't found any ticket already open: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17392

Could someone from JIRA Team open it ?

3 answers

4 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

As you mentioned, currently, the date range is available only for Epics. Also, the Epic doesn’t adjust the due date based on child issues.

There are feature requests suggesting the implementation of these abilities:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the features.

Regards,
Angélica

Ricardo Salatino January 12, 2020

Perfect, thanks @Angélica Luz  :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Jeremy Robins November 16, 2020

Hi Angelica,

Is there an update on this?

I see that many people have requested this feature, and it has been assigned, but as a low priority, and the request is nearly a year old.

Regards,

Jeremy

Max Burilich April 23, 2021

@Angélica Luz 

Hi.

How about this task?

JSWCLOUD-18668

Do you want us to buy premium for this? x2 for advancer roadmap?

But there is no support for the next-gen projects in advancer roadmap!

0 votes
John Mark Lowry September 22, 2021

I'd also like to request that this issue be worked on and implemented – I think it would be a great addition to the roadmap feature to be able to see timelines of subtasks/projects reflected visually within the epic. Thank you!

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Hello @Jeremy Robins,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The last update from the assignee was on November 5. You can find the details here

Thanks for your comment. I totally understand that our users are very keen to see this functionality and I want everyone to know that we watch these tickets and discuss them very regularly.

We take a fairly conservative approach to moving these tickets into "In Progress" because doing so creates a certain expectation of timing with users. Trying to meet that expectation while we're still discovering the best way to solve this problem can lead to us prioritising just delivering something over solving the problem in the best way possible. I'm sure this isn't news to you all, considering many of you are developing software yourselves.

Please keep the feedback coming. We'll update the issue when we have more to share.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer