Disappeared tasks

Svetlana June 23, 2022

Good afternoon!

The following situation happened: the tasks were in the project and on the board, then disappeared from there. I can find them only through the "Filter" tab in the extended task list. When I open the task, there is a note that the task belongs to project X. And in project X it is missing.
Please tell me how to return the task to the board and make sure that they will not disappear in the future?

3 answers

0 votes
0ne-nine9 September 13, 2022

@Svetlana I have just experienced this and can relay my workaround here.

I am using a Jira Service Management - Team Based Project on Jira Cloud.

I have noticed the following behavior:
- Older tasks go missing in Board view.

- Same tasks are not missing in the List and Issue view. I can find them by searching for them manually by key or title but only in these views.

This lead me to believe that Board view has some issues with indexing results for too long, if nothing has changed on them in a while. I have proceeded to find some of these missing issues and edit something simple in one of the fields, such as the Reporter or the Start Date. Immediately after updating any of the fields of the issue, it has reappeared in the Board view. This is independent of the status the issue is in. It will disappear after a while regardless if it's in `Work in Progress` or `Done` states.

As a workaround for this issue, I've created the following automation.

Every 2 hours, it removes the Reporter and then sets it again to `Automation for Jira` for every issue in the project. This may cause some slow performance but at least all my tasks are there in Board view when I want to see them.

image (12).png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

First, look at the board filter(s).  Go to board configuration -> general and read off the definition of the filters there.

For a Scrum board, it's just the board filter, but for a Kanban board, you'll also want to read the "sub filter"

Do your "missing" issues match the board filter?  (And if a Kanban, do they also match the sub-filter, which is there to hide "done" issues)

Secondly, go to the "columns" configuration of the board.  Are all the status mapped into columns?

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Hi,

An issue belong to a board based on the JQL filter associated to this board. So first look at your board filter to see if this issue is not excluded from it.

Svetlana June 24, 2022

In my case, filters are not installed on the board. Tasks were disappeared not only from the board, but also from list of tasks and so on.  They are present only in extended task list.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events