Disallow JIRA issues created from Slack

Jeremy Lundy March 16, 2022

I'd like to disable creating issues from Slack, but keep the rest of the Slack-JIRA integration. Any way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Knopp
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hey @Jeremy Lundy ,

I'm with the Slack <> Jira integration Team at Atlassian. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to disable issue creation from Slack.

If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious to know more about why you're looking to disable this functionality specifically.

We do respect all Jira project level settings, so you could modify your project(s) permissions schemes to disallow users from creating issues overall, which would also stop them from creating them in Slack (or Jira web UI). Not sure if that fits your use case however.

Thanks,

Tony

CC: @Audrey Garcia 

Jeremy Lundy March 18, 2022

We're looking to do it because the quality we see in bugs raised from Slack generally doesn't follow our required description rules.

Ideally, we'd want to restrict what can be raised from Slack by project and issue type.

So like creating a task in project A is allowed, but creating a bug in project B isn't.

0 votes
Andries Maritz July 19, 2022

Hey @Tony Knopp,

I have the same request.

Our use case is:

• Use Jira Service Desk and its form creator for submissions from other teams within the company
  • Post the issue link in a Slack channel for the engineering team to assess

Without the form input fields, people don't give us the desired information. To that end, a "read only" mode or a "preview only" mode would have been perfect.

Suggest an answer