Disable slideshow option for dashboard so that gadgets do not rotate

Renze Droog December 17, 2018

I have created a dashboard and would like to show all gadgets on one screen without any slideshow option enabled or rotating any gadget.

According to Configuring dashboards, this should be possible: "The dashboard will appear against a black background, and will rotate gadgets if the user enables the slideshow option."

But I cannot find this option. Where can I disabled the slideshow option for my dashboard?

I'm using Jira v7.13.0.

I have already tried to change the colors of the gadgets, but nothing works.

1 answer

1 vote
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi @Renze Droog,

my best guess is that this is a wallboard and was not created by you, therefore you cannot edit the configuration of it.  

You should find out who created this dashboard and ask them to edit it OR

Create your own dashboard from a copy of this one and get rid of the slideshow option.

Hope this helps!

I am the owner of the dashboard. Where should the option be when I am the owner?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

If it appears on a black background, you are using a wallboard.

Go to the three dots in the top right corner of your dashboard (not wallboard) and select "set up wallboard slideshow" then choose "none" for the transition effect 

It is set to "none" already.

I did note just now that on whatever setting it is, it will always do the same transition (I think fade - but cannot really test accurately as they all do the same thing for me).

Also, I'm not only using gadgets from the wallboard category, but even if I do, the same problem still occurs.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

the individual gadgets are changing or the whole screen?

The transition occurs per gadget: if I have one column with only one gadget, that gadget does not change in my wallboard (no page reload or anything occurs either). For columns with multiple gadgets in the dashboard, each shown gadget in my wallboard is transitioned to the new gadget (the next one of that column of the dashboard).

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

I'm baffled, mine is doing the same thing when I reproduce it.

This is what I found: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67717

"The wallboard will rotate through the gadgets so if there are more than two or three (depending on layout selected), it cycles through the views."

I guess options are change your layout or use less gadgets if you want the wallboard look, otherwise just use the regular dashboard.

Thanks, that issue exactly describes my behavior. I'll add my information to that issue.

Note that even with the smallest and fewest gadget the same problem occurs for me. Best alternative is using the regular dashboard and custom CSS to not show JIRA menu's. But that just seems as a workaround which shouldn't be necessary in my opinion.

Suggest an answer