Disable "Plan Time" from Tempo

gianluca June 14, 2021

Hi, we recently started using Tempo in our organisation. I'd like to have only Team Leads to be able to add/amend/delete Plans. I removed everyone from the Tempo Planner Access Group, apart from Team Leads. After that, only team leads can see the Planning icon in Tempo. Nevertheless, everyone is still able to add their own plans when logging time (they get prompted with both Log Time and Plan Time). I'd like Plan Time to disappear. I also tied to create a team member Permission Role in Tempo, disabling "View Plans" and "Manage Plans". No luck, they can create a Plan. Are we doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance for your help 

4 answers

1 vote
Florian Reichl June 30, 2022

Idea to disable Plan Time - Feature for personal timeplanning can be voted for here:

https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas/T-I-73

Should be optional to disable, you agree?

0 votes
Ben America February 19, 2022

@Rob_Huntley_Tempo 

You said 'if Planner is installed', does that means we can uninstall planner only and use the rest of tempo timetracking? will that work?

0 votes
Rob_Huntley_Tempo November 30, 2021

@Tracy Walton 

If Planner is installed, it is always available to your Tempo Timesheet users.

You cannot allow logging time and disable creating plans. Tempo Timesheets and Tempo Planner share permissions and are integrated into the Jira Issue. Both apps share permissions and are embedded into the Jira issue screens.  The two apps also access and use the same data.

Not having access to the Planner UI does not restrict a user from planning time. Planner and Tempo are designed to work together.

0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi Gianluca,

In Tempo users will always able to plan for their own as soon as they have access to Tempo Timesheets. 

For team lead to manage other's plans, he/she needs Manage Team Plans team permissions. For more information please see the link https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/310247715/Planning+in+the+Resource+Planning+View+-+Tempo+Planner+for+Server

Best regards,

Chih from Tempo Support

Tracy Walton October 13, 2021

Hi Gianluca,

You mention above that in Tempo, users will always be able to plan for their own as soon as they have access to Tempo Timesheets. 

Is there anyway to turn this off? We'd like for all users to only be able to log time and not plan time or add expenses.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 10.10.29 AM.png

Michael Vidallon November 30, 2021

Hello, I'm also looking for ways to disable the 'Plan time' for users, especially when the ticket is already closed.

I have implemented this - https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/430604326/Prevent+logging+time+on+closed+issues -  for closed (state/status) tickets and 'Log Time' disappeared for closed ticket, however, 'Plan time' is still visible. Is there a property i can setup.

Note: This is for Jira Data Center (not cloud)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Suggest an answer