Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Disable "Plan Time" from Tempo

Hi, we recently started using Tempo in our organisation. I'd like to have only Team Leads to be able to add/amend/delete Plans. I removed everyone from the Tempo Planner Access Group, apart from Team Leads. After that, only team leads can see the Planning icon in Tempo. Nevertheless, everyone is still able to add their own plans when logging time (they get prompted with both Log Time and Plan Time). I'd like Plan Time to disappear. I also tied to create a team member Permission Role in Tempo, disabling "View Plans" and "Manage Plans". No luck, they can create a Plan. Are we doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance for your help 

4 answers

Idea to disable Plan Time - Feature for personal timeplanning can be voted for here:

https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas/T-I-73

Should be optional to disable, you agree?

@Rob_Huntley_Tempo 

You said 'if Planner is installed', does that means we can uninstall planner only and use the rest of tempo timetracking? will that work?

@Tracy Walton 

If Planner is installed, it is always available to your Tempo Timesheet users.

You cannot allow logging time and disable creating plans. Tempo Timesheets and Tempo Planner share permissions and are integrated into the Jira Issue. Both apps share permissions and are embedded into the Jira issue screens.  The two apps also access and use the same data.

Not having access to the Planner UI does not restrict a user from planning time. Planner and Tempo are designed to work together.

Hi Gianluca,

In Tempo users will always able to plan for their own as soon as they have access to Tempo Timesheets. 

For team lead to manage other's plans, he/she needs Manage Team Plans team permissions. For more information please see the link https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/310247715/Planning+in+the+Resource+Planning+View+-+Tempo+Planner+for+Server

Best regards,

Chih from Tempo Support

Hi Gianluca,

You mention above that in Tempo, users will always be able to plan for their own as soon as they have access to Tempo Timesheets. 

Is there anyway to turn this off? We'd like for all users to only be able to log time and not plan time or add expenses.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 10.10.29 AM.png

Hello, I'm also looking for ways to disable the 'Plan time' for users, especially when the ticket is already closed.

I have implemented this - https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/430604326/Prevent+logging+time+on+closed+issues -  for closed (state/status) tickets and 'Log Time' disappeared for closed ticket, however, 'Plan time' is still visible. Is there a property i can setup.

Note: This is for Jira Data Center (not cloud)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,818 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you