Different workflows same project on JIRA cloud

Angela Salunga July 13, 2020

Hi, I am using JIRA cloud with 1 project requiring 2 workflows (1 for bugs, 1 for the rest of issue types).

I'm using Easy Agile Scrum Workflow For Jira and has below warning:

"Generated by JIRA Software version 1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT. This workflow scheme is managed internally by Jira Software. Do not manually modify this workflow scheme."

I'm generally ok with the workflow but I need to add another transition/status for bugs - how can I achieve this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2020

Hi Angela - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You would need to modify the workflow scheme to add the workflow used for the Bug issue type. Go to Settings > Issues > Workflow Schemes. 

Angela Salunga July 13, 2020

Hi John, thanks for the quick answer. I already tried that, and if you see below, switch scheme is only allowing you 1 scheme to choose. While Add workflow is disabled.

Jira Workflow.png

I already created another workflow for bugs, but there is no way to associate a project into 2 schemes:JIRA Workflow scheme.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2020

I would create a new Workflow Scheme then and put both workflows in the new scheme.

And then attach the new scheme to the project. 

Angela Salunga July 19, 2020

Thanks John, it works now.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2020

Great - glad I could help a little.  :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events