Different workflow for different issuetypes

Madhura A S May 28, 2018

Hi experts,

When we create a project default workflow will be created for all issuetypes in Jira and Project Admin can edit this. But They do not have permission to create new workflow and add it to Workflow scheme. 

Our requirement is to assign different workflow for each issuetypes on project creation so that project admin can modify the workflow as they want.

Is it possible to do in Jira? If yes, Please guide me how i can achieve this?

Regards,

Madhura

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

Hi @Madhura A

For all these tasks you need jira administrator rights.

First, create workflows as you have the process and then create Workflow scheme.

Once you are done with workflow scheme then edit it and add the workflows to this workflow scheme and then associate with each issue type.

Apply this workflow scheme to the project.

For more information about creating workflow and workflow scheme please visit the below articles.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira060/configuring-workflow-370705895.html#ConfiguringWorkflow-Creatingaworkflow

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-workflow-schemes-802592719.html

Madhura A S May 29, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply. But My requirement is to have the different workflow for different issues when we are creating the project. Capture.PNGThis is the default workflow that we will get when we create the project and this is assigned to all the unassigned issuetypes. Can we have separate workflow for bug, task, Subtask....etc. So that Project admins can modify their workflow for issuetypes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

Yes, that's what Yogesh wrote about in his answer.

You can't do it when creating a project, it takes a set of defaults.  But the admin creating the project can go straight to "configure project" after getting the "project created" message, and immediately edit the project to apply your workflows

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

HI @Madhura A

There will be two options you have If suppose you want ot create a project with the same configuration as an existing project then whenever you are clicking on Creat project button on the pop up window it will show create with shared configuration using this it will create a project with the same configuration as the existing project have.

Another way is to create a project with default configuration and then associate the Issue type scheme, workflow scheme, Field configuration scheme and all which you want to use.

0 votes
Yesica Barca June 10, 2020

Hi, I have two differents workflow, but when I started the Sprint only see one of them. How can I solved this. 

In my group we have a workflow for bugs and another for task, subtask, etc.

I been seraching for days but I didn´t find an answer. please help!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

Please see the links to "configuring workflow schemes" given above

0 votes
Praveen May 28, 2018

Hi Madhura,

You can do it. Please refer to the below KB.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-workflow-schemes-720412604.html

-Praveen

Suggest an answer