Different issues for different email

Glenn Simpson November 29, 2022

In Jira Service Management, I want to add a custom email address to a project, and then the behavior is as follows:

1. If someone emails the default email address for the project, it opens a ticket in the default manner with "Emailed Request" request type.

2. If someone emails the custom email address, it opens an "Emergency" request type (Incident issue type) that already is being used on the portal.

So basically people can open an Emergency ticket using the specific email.

The first problem I seem to be running in to is that the target email address seems to get lost by the time the "Emailed Request" issue gets created, so I can't use it to say "if it comes from this email, change it to an Emergency."

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Glenn Simpson,

Yes, you can do this with a built in function in JSM Cloud! Here's how:

1. Click the "Email requests" left sidebar link from a service project's "Project settings" page.
  2. Connect the desired custom email address. (Yes, you can have an Atlassian-hosted address and a non-Atlassian address in the same project.)
  3. Next, click the "..." (ellipses) at the top right of the page and select "Configure email request types".
  4. Then, choose the desired request type for the custom address.

The "Email requests" project admin page:

email.png

The "Configure email request types" overlay:

overlay.png

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Suggest an answer