Different data being displayed on same dashboard

Gary Aanerud May 7, 2021

The customer and I are using the same dashboard.  He created the filters for that dashboard, however, when I look at one of the filtered columns I see five Jira's, when he looks at the exact same dashboard and filtered column sees one Jira.

This makes no sense.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2021

can you try the following?

both of you take the filter from the board and apply that in advance search for issues and see what is displayed. 

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Gary Aanerud 

Depending on how the filters were setup, the customer may not have access to those other 4 issues or the filters are shown for assignee who is currently the login user. It could also be other possibilities

Do you the filter which you could share?

Gary Aanerud May 7, 2021

Thanks for your reply, Both myself and the customer are looking at the same dashboard that he set up.  We should be seeing exactly the same items, but we're not.

Gary Aanerud May 7, 2021

Picture1.png

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Understand you are seeing the same dashboard. What is the filter used on the dashboard?

For example, if I use a filter in the dashboard as "assignee = currentuser()". I would only see issues assign to only me when I login and same goes for the customer. The results will likely be different. Or there could be issue level security in place. 

If you could share the actual filter and screenshot, that would help.

Gary Aanerud May 7, 2021

Picture1.png

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Thanks for sharing. Two things I can think of. 

Is there any issue level security set on the tickets?

Is there a significant gap between your timezone and the customer?

Gary Aanerud May 7, 2021

There are no security settings between the customer or myself.  I've also had different individuals within my organization check and they see exactly what the customer is seeing.

We are both in the same timezone, just feet apart.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

@Gary Aanerud - Are those 4 other issues in another project?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events