Different Styles of Issue Create Screens - Create Button vs Scrum Board Backlog

Darren Shinkins December 6, 2022

Hi All - wondering if anyone else has come across this.

It seems that the Create screen for an issue works slightly differently depending on where it's called from. I'm assuming it's something to do with the transition to the "New Jira Issue View" in the cloud (I'm fairly new to Jira cloud; I've been on-prem for years).

In most places in Jira - particularly when using the Create button, I get a nice new-style Create screen, with more modern looking controls (particularly on multi-select fields). The banner on this screen looks like this:

Cloud-CreateIssue-Button_banneronly.png

If I create an issue from a scrum board (click the Create Issue link in the backlog, then select 'Open Create Dialog') it opens a form that looks much more like the old on-prem Create form, with the older style controls, and a banner that looks like this:

Cloud-CreateIssue-Board_banneronly.png

I'm not quite sure what to search for, so I was just wondering: is this likely to be a bug? Or is something that can be configured?

Thanks

Darren

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Darren Shinkins ,

Indeed they seem to have always been different. I expect it is just a matter of implementation differences. I agree they should be the same. To be honest I never really paid much attention to it or worried about it. I did just check in JAC to see if I could find something reported on this but no luck. Granted I only looked briefly. I might suggest using the in app feedback link to share your findings/thoughts.

Darren Shinkins December 7, 2022

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, good idea - I've sent some feedback; I'll see if they come up with anything useful.

TBH it's one of the first things I noticed when I started configuring my forms because the use experience on multiple option select custom fields varies greatly between the two form styles (list-style controls vs frother style controls) - I personally prefer the newer style controls, but they both have their merits. Would be useful if we had control over which form style is used.

Ta

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer