Differences in Jira Software Project Creation

Darin Hafer August 22, 2019

Jira 7.9.2

When I create a "Software" Jira project using the "Kanban software development" template, I can select More -> Create sub-task from a Story issue type.

When I create a "Software" Jira project using the "Basic software development" template, I do not see the More -> Create sub-task option from a Story issue type.

I guess it doesn't matter to me why it is this way.

What I want to do is make the one that I created as "Basic software development" to be able to have More -> Create sub-task. Otherwise, I think I have to create a new project and move the old project to the new project. 

Can I update the DB if need by to set whatever flag needs be set to allow this necessary option? or is there a system option I can set for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Van (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

Hi Darin,

You should update the Issue Type Scheme mapped to your Basic Software Development project, and ensure there are sub-task type issue types in there.

Send a full screenshot of any issue type scheme (the full two white columns) and we'll be able to guide you from there if you get stuck.

In general, you should avoid running any direct database queries.

Cheers, Jimmy

Darin Hafer August 23, 2019

Hi Jimmy and thank you for your answer. That solved the problem! Very foolish of me not noticing this ;-)

Like Jimmy Van (GLiNTECH) likes this

Suggest an answer