Detailed report taking into account all the movements from one task to another - Funds Services (Jir

Rashmi Singhal March 21, 2023

Under Jira Software we are using Company Managed software called 'Funds Services' where in we have few columns to track the progress of the tasks assigned to our team like

1. To -Do

2. In Progress

3. Ready for review

4. Review in progress

5. Reviewed

6. Draft sent

7. Draft approved

8. Sent to IM

9. Approved by IM

10. Done

We are in need of a report that can provide us the times when moved under each category and if possible to also calculate the duration spent on each activity along with the relevant comments inputted at each stage if any. Also, if possible to give me the total duration of all the concerned activities.

image.pngimage.png

5 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2023

Hello @Rashmi Singhal 

Welcome to community! 

This is an area where Jira is lacking to be honest. I can suggest you to try our add-on time-in-status-for-jira-cloud .

This add-on generates 7 types of reports including a Time in Status report. So you can monitor the work duration in each status easily. 

GIF TIS.gif

Also, you can export a report as XLSX or CSV files for further analysis.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Best regards, Valeriia

Rashmi Singhal March 22, 2023

Thank you so much @Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet for your help!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Rashmi Singhal 

If you would be interested in a mktplace solution, you can try out our plugin,

Time in Status Reports 

The add-on provides the time in each status for the entire lifecycle of the issue, based on the date range, assignees and multiple other filters.

Also you can group your statuses to create your own resolution time.

Disclaimer : I work for RVS, the vendor for this app

TIS.PNG

Hi @Rahul_RVS_Support

Thank you for your insight. Will check with my management about it.

Like Rahul_RVS_Support likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hello @Rashmi Singhal 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Jira does not natively provide such a report. There are several third party apps that provide "time in status" reports. Here is a search of the Atlassian Marketplace that will help you get started finding the apps.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=time%20in%20status

I have not used any of them, so I don't have a specific recommendation.

Thank you for your kind help @Trudy Claspill 

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
March 24, 2023

Another alternative you can choose if an Excel report fits your requirements is Better Excel Exporter. The app comes with a dedicated worklog report Excel template that, among other attributes, includes the time spent in statuses for an issue.

This practical article goes into how to create a Jira worklog Excel report >>

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
March 23, 2023

Hi @Rashmi Singhal

As an alternative, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events