Desactivate Captcha and support ?

Boris Demain November 16, 2020

Hi,

I've got an external monitoring of my Jira application and we have often problem during connection cause of captcha.

I found this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/disable-user-captchas-from-the-jira-database-333807702.html,  to desactivate it but I'm asking about security and if the support always cover my product ?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my english.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Hi Boris,

all cases that I came across showed the CAPTCHA as a wrong password was supplied for a specific account.

You can deactivate it (you already posted the link to the appropriate article) but keep in mind changes to the database can go wrong when being not careful enough so it is always a risk that's coming with changes like this.

Support will still cover your installation but probably you can find out rather why it comes to the CAPTCHA. Maybe you can eliminate the cause and could then avoid making changes to the database.

Cheers,
Daniel

Boris Demain November 18, 2020

Thanks Daniel for your answer. My bosses will decide with these informations

Cheers,
Boris

Suggest an answer