• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Desactivate Captcha and support ?

Hi,

I've got an external monitoring of my Jira application and we have often problem during connection cause of captcha.

I found this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/disable-user-captchas-from-the-jira-database-333807702.html,  to desactivate it but I'm asking about security and if the support always cover my product ?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my english.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 17, 2020

Hi Boris,

all cases that I came across showed the CAPTCHA as a wrong password was supplied for a specific account.

You can deactivate it (you already posted the link to the appropriate article) but keep in mind changes to the database can go wrong when being not careful enough so it is always a risk that's coming with changes like this.

Support will still cover your installation but probably you can find out rather why it comes to the CAPTCHA. Maybe you can eliminate the cause and could then avoid making changes to the database.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel for your answer. My bosses will decide with these informations

Cheers,
Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

866 views 14 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you