Delink of task from all epics

Gopi L April 12, 2023

I have a task of summary "xyz", need to delink that task from all epics. How to delink task from all epics. please help on this

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Gopi L and welcome to the Community!

I fear that I probably do not understand your question correctly, but from what I read you seem to say you have a single task with links to multiple epics and you would like to remove those links?

Just open the task you want to delink and you should see something like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 17.21.30.png

At the top of the issue screen, you can see a single reference to an issue key, in front of the actual key of your task. I labelled this one as the Parent epic. A task can only have 1 parent epic and you can remove this by clearing the Epic link from your issue.

As mention a link to multiple epics, those can only be created as linked issues. You can see all linked issues (and so also all linked epics) in a separate section on your task. Just click the x button next to each epic to remove the link. This will only remove the link to the Epic; the issue itself will remain untouched.

Hope this helps!

Gopi L April 13, 2023

Hi Walter Buggenhout, 
Thanks for the response, i have the same task in many epics. I want to delink that task from all the epics,
I did it through the Bulk operation. Thanks so much for your time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events