Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Delete an attachment from an issue

I'm deeply confused as I'm not finding a way to delete an attachment from an issue. There is no waste bin icon showing up on the attachment that I want to delete.

According to the rights scheme, I have the right to delete at least my own attachments.

Do I miss more access rights?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 14, 2021

I see a trash bin in both CMP and TMP projects. What screen are you viewing? 

Hi @Jack

it's a CMP and I' viewing the new issue view that opens up inside a modal. The trash bin is also not visible in the issue view if I access the issue by a link.

Jack Community Leader Jun 15, 2021

I see the image below. Please verify that you have delete all or delete own attachments depending on needs (project settings / permissions).

04431C38-094C-4DA4-8E42-C88DD875AE53.jpeg

I suggest you create a new issue and add an attachment then see if you can delete.

Thanks for you support! I've also created a test project and can't reproduce this behavior in the new project. Attachments can be deleted... Permissions seems to be granted correctly.

What I further found out is, that this somehow is related to a specific user account that is the author of the corresponding issue. The creation of a new user with exactly the same groups that this user has lets me reproduce that.

We follow in general the suggestion from Atlassian by using a dedicated role ("Browse") for accessing specific projects. The permission for delete own is granted to this role. The permission for delete all is granted to administrators.

What I don't understand is that even with my user account (administrator) the trash bin is not visible for attachment that this specific user did upload.

Hmmm, that is odd. So it seems there is some super-user that has protected content that others can’t touch? I would suggest reaching out to Atlassian support directly on this one as I am  stumped. If you do this please update the post with the final resolution

If you are able:

1. Go to Project Settings:Permissions
  2. Upper right corner, click on Permission Helper
  3.  Enter the issue key that having issues with and your username name
  4. Select the "Delete Own Attachments" under the Permission
  5. Select Submit and Jira will tell you what the issue is why can/cannot delete your own attachments.

Hi @delmario

I've consulted the permission helper and it shows me, that I have the permission to delete my own attachments and all attachment.

Nevertheless, I don't see the trash bin and also don't see the entry to delete all attachment in the action menu.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

129 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you