It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Delete Sprint/Kanban Board - Jira Cloud / 7.3 Edited

Since the update I can no longer find how to delete boards, as the ability to manage boards seems to have gone. Where can I find it now?

3 answers

2 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted

For me, I see the option to delete boards here:

1. Select Boards from the top menu
  2. Click View All Boards
  3. Click on the "..." at the right of the board you want to delete
  4. I see Board Settings, Move, Copy, Delete

Perfect, there it is, ta!

Like # people like this

I am not able to find these option 

Like Ogaga Umukoro likes this
Jack Community Leader Sep 06, 2018

@Jeetendra Swain, if you are on cloud and you own the board you wish to delete go to magnifying glass > board section and click View all boards. You can delete from that screen.

Like # people like this

It's also moved again for me - now I go to my current sprint board, then click the drop-down 

1.PNG

Then at the bottom of the drop down I 'view all boards'

2.PNG

Then that gives me the option to manage, delete ect. 

Like # people like this

I had to use this one above, the magnifying glass icon didn't give me view all board link, just a recent boards, fliters, and projects links.  I do get a view all boards in the other Jira cloud instance I work in.  I am an administrator in both.  Very strange.

This is no longer correct for the current cloud version.  I do not see "view all boards" option in the this menu.

Hi Alan, this still works for me. Please see the screen shots that Kit Goode provided on Sep 07, 2018 a few comments up.

The added caveat is since then, the sidebar is hidden by default on sprint board and you have to click the burger menu to open it

Capture.JPG

After that, apart from some very slight visual changes, it's basically the same as in Sep '07 comment

Eldon Wong:

Yesterday, I had this problem. I figured out how to solve it but couldn't

Then I searched on Google and met your instructions. I solved the problem.

So, thank you very much Eldon Wong! :)

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Dec 22, 2017

If you are on cloud with new UI:

• magnifying glass (search)
  • recent boards > View all boards
  • find board and click eclipses on the right

There it is, thanks!

Like Andrey K. LEAD PM likes this
Like Andrey K. LEAD PM likes this

There is no more "View all boards" in the Search bar in 2019... so where to do it now?

Edit: I was wrong, it is not in the Search bar, but in the "Search Boards" - thnx!

Like # people like this

It's unclear from the UI, but you have to scroll down on that menu popup to see the "View all boards" link.

Like Micha Roon likes this

That works for me too.

Verify your Jira version first, these instructions are for Jira cloud version

1. Click onMagnifying Glass on the left side menu 

2. It will bring a Search Screen 

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.11.10.png

And at the bottom of same screen, you can Click on Boards to filter your search for Boards only

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.11.48.png

3. Type your board name you want to delete, once you see the board, on the right hand side of the board, you see three dots, when you click three dots, you will see the following options (depends upon your access on the board) and if you have access, you can delete the board from there. If you have an active sprint on this board, it will bring a waring screen to say, you have active sprint and if you still want to delete it, if its a duplicate board, you can delete it if not, you may want to wait until you complete the sprint. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.13.53.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

[New] Jenkins for Jira Software Cloud and a way to connect your hosted apps

Jenkins is the leading open-source automation server used by startups and enterprise teams to build, test and deploy code to production.   We are excited to announce an official integration betw...

1,055 views 1 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you