Default Screen Schemes are messed up with recent project imports in Jira

password26JJ_ April 30, 2023

Hello, I make a migration from jira server to jira datacenter with the plugin CMJ (configurator manager)

Il look this article because i have the same problem with the default scheme : 

"Default Screen Schemes are messed up with recent project imports in Jira"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/default-screen-schemes-are-messed-up-with-recent-project-imports-in-jira-1063553484.html

The Projects imported were also using default schemes but they were with a different configuration. Once imported, they replaced the Production default schemes in multiple areas (workflow scheme, notification scheme, priority scheme, screen scheme, issue type scheme, screen scheme......)

Can you explain to me step by step what modification should I make to the source project to avoid this problem when importing ? 

These modifications will have to be done by hand project by project

thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2023

Hi @password26JJ_ Welcome to the Atlassian community.

We have also face this issue while migrating projects from one Jira dc instance to another.

As Jira comes with default schemes when we create a first sample project where all default schemes are get associated to that projects.

While migrating projects using CMJ plugin always make sure if you have any conflicting names between the instances as those resources will get replaced in the migration activity like if you have same project on both the instances with name ABC then after the migration target project will get replaced with source projects so make sure you update the project name or project key on either instance before starting the migration.

For all default schemes you need to either rename in the source instance or target instance so that they will not replace in the migration process.

If you source issue-type scheme name is - Default Issue Type Scheme then update name like Source Default Issue Type Scheme on the source instance or at the time of import on the target instance where CMJ provides the UI to update objects name.

you need to do this for all the schemes which are having same names on source and target instance and not only with default schemes because sometime the projects you are migrating does not have any default schemes and using custom schemes created by you and if same scheme is present on the target instance then after the migration all configuration of target scheme will be replaced with source instance schemes.

Please try this on your instance and let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks

Sagar

password26JJ_ April 30, 2023

thank you Sagar, i will test it

Suggest an answer