Default Field Configuration permanently modified

Zeinab Alaoui March 28, 2023

Hello,

I copied the default configuration to make a new one and relate it to different screens. Now even the default configuration is permanently changed based on the changes I made on the copied one. I click on restore Default field configuration and it is showed the modified version. 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Zeinab Alaoui and welcome to the community,

When you copied the default field configuration (I assume scheme) and created a new one, the new one kept the default individual field configuration. Hence, when you changed the duplicate, you changed the default as well.

If you go on the default field config and you press restore default, then you say that you get the modified version?

Zeinab Alaoui March 28, 2023

yes, even after I restored it, it still showed the modified one.

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Zeinab Alaoui , @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Perhaps it would be helpful to try and clarify this situation a little:

• A "Field Configuration" defines which fields are required or optional and visible or invisible for a specific issue type.
  • A "Field Configuration Scheme" is used to associate specific "Field Configurations" with specific "Issue Types" in a Jira Project.

It sounds to me like you've copied the default Field Configuration Scheme, but that doesn't make a copy of each Field Configuration. If you then modify the default Field Configuration, you're modifying the original.

If you want to preserve the original Field Configuration, you need to copy the default Field Configuration to a new name and then modify the copy.

But perhaps I've misunderstood what you're seeing.

Zeinab Alaoui March 29, 2023

Okay, so I created a copy of a field configuration not the scheme for the purpose to change the copied one and delete/modify the screens in it. However, that propagated on the default configuration. so far I do not have a scheme for the field configurations. I changed the copied field configuration name but it still showed the updates on the default.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events