Default Description Text on Create

Vishal Guleria May 14, 2023

I am trying to set default text for Story description. When anyone creates a story it should populate the following default text in Story Description. 

*Description Of Service Or Screen:*
N/A

*Definitions:*
N/A

*User Objective:*
As a user, I want to , so that

*UI / UX Guidelines:*
N/A

As of now I am able to do achieve this upon saving the story but not on click on "Create". I want this text to populate when I click on "Create" button, and not after saving the story. The reason is that someone who is creating a story will not fill in the values after saving a story, rather they would first fill all the details and then save the story. So to have this text at the beginning as a default text is needed to guide the user about Story format.

To play around with it, I created a trial JIRA account and I am able to achieve this on trial account. Not sure why there is lot of difference between the trial account and production account. Their UI is completely different.

See below screenshot from trial account where I was able to do the required configuration. 

Working on Text JIRA Account.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hello @Vishal Guleria 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

In the image you provided you are using a Team Managed account. Notice at the bottom of the panel on the left it says "You're in a team-managed project".

In your production system look in the same area for your project. Does it also say "team-managed" or does it say "company-managed"?

For a Company Managed project it is not possible to set default text for the Description field. A work around using a custom field is described in this post.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events