Database Collation and Isolation level not updated after changing database

Sebastian Böder September 4, 2017

After changing the database to fix the collation and isolation level settings the admin interface still shows errors for both.

If i check them on the Database itself with the commands from the troubleshooting pages, both are set to the supported settings.

SELECT is_read_committed_snapshot_on FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'jira';

Returns:

SELECT DISTINCT C.collation_name
FROM   sys.tables AS T
       INNER JOIN sys.columns C
               ON T.object_id = C.object_id
WHERE  collation_name IS NOT NULL;

Returns:
Latin1_General_CI_AI

But the JIRA Adminpage still says the settings are wrong.

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Sebastian,

The settings are wrong even after a restart of jira?

You can change the transation isolation level easily but for the collation change atlassian recommends to create a new database with the right collation.

Sebastian Böder September 4, 2017

Thanks for your suggestions. Even after a restart both settings are marked as wrong.

I already created a new database with the right collation settings. I am sure its connected to the right database cause the old one is deleted and the sql querries above return the right values.

Is the result somehow chached in jira?

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

When i had this problem, after changing the database parameters it was reflected correctly in jira.

Maybe you can check the following using some db frontend, i'm on a mac so i'm using dbeaver, but you can use enterprise manager as well

1. copy the jdbc connection string and connect to the same server, db, user and password from the frontend

2. execute the query inside that connection

3. check the collation of the objects

Suggest an answer