Data is not showing Epic connected to Task/US

nikita April 24, 2020

In all of the projects, classic or next gen, the data to which epic a task or user story is linked is not shown. Not when I filter in the JIRA UI, and not when I use the Rest API for JIRA to import the data.
Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

Hi @nikita , can you please attach a picture? Are you linking the epic to the stories/tasks by using drag and drop of the story/task into the epic, or by setting the Epic link field? Thanks.

nikita April 27, 2020

Hey, I can't share a pic. The epic is set as the parent of the tickets? I'm not great with JIRA, where would I verify it's set as the Epic Link?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Hi NIkita,

When you create tickets in Jira you may have a mix of epics, stories and tasks. In a Scrum board the epics will be listed on the left like this:

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 10.54.40 PM.png

In the backlog view you can drop and drag stories or task from the backlog to the epic:

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 10.56.27 PM.png

Or you can also edit the story or task and edit the Epic Link to set the corresponding epic:

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 10.57.45 PM.png

Hoe it helps,

Carlos

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events