Dashboard with subtasks status

Zoran Malekovic March 29, 2024

So, I have a project with, for example, 3 issues. Every issue has some subtasks.

Issue1
   Subtask1 (Status: To Do)
   Subtask2 (Status:In progress)
   Subtask3 (Status:Done)

Issue2
   Subtask1 (Status: Done)
   Subtask2 (Status: Done)
   Subtask3 (Status: Done)

Issue3
   Subtask1 (Status: To Do)
   Subtask2 (Status:To Do)
   Subtask3 (Status:Done)

I want to make a dashboard that will display the status of subtasks grouped by Issues. I need something like this:

jira.PNG

4 answers

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Zoran Malekovic , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question!

Even though this isn't a very complex request, you would need an app to help you extend the functionality of the standard dashboard gadgets.

This is one that I have recommended customers before https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214789/rich-filters-for-jira-dashboards?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

You can install the free trial and see if it helps and go from there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Zoran Malekovic March 29, 2024

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for the answer. Is there any other solution that could do a similar task? It's don't need to be the same as in question

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Zoran Malekovic , you could write a filter query like this

parent in (SECOPS-93, SECOPS-90, SECOPS-86, SECOPS-67)

^ The issue keys in this query are all issues that have Subtasks

Then, you can use the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget, configured like this or with whatever data you want to show

image.png

And you get this on the dashboard, where the column Sub-tasks is a link to the JQL search for issues in that status.

image.png

It is kind of a two-step process and you would need to keep the filter updated as you add more issues with children but it's a workaround.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Like Kalyan Sattaluri likes this
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2024

Hi @Zoran Malekovic

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available, including the sub-task progress (along with many other sub-task related smart columns). 

With these, you can build a report like e.g. this in just a couple of clicks:

sub-task-progress.gif

As you can see above, you can easily sort and filter by your sheet's smart columns, and also use them across JXL's advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Does this look like it could help with your use case?

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2024

Hi @Zoran Malekovic

With the Work Breakdown Structure gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app, you can display the issues along with their sub-tasks and statuses in a tree structure like this:  image.png

This gadget can display the issue from a filter/JQL by their hierarchy, Epics > Stories, Tasks > Sub-tasks. If you don't use Epics, then just configure the gadget with a JQL or filter that returns the issues and subtasks, and it will do the grouping for you.

See also https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/8-gadgets-for-a-powerful-Scrum-dashboard-in-Jira/ba-p/1683063.

Hope this helps.

Danut

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hi  @Zoran Malekovic 

If you are willing to try out a mktplace app, do take a look at an add-on we have developed for the same use case.

Issue Hierarchy 

The app has some special columns to show child issue types, child issue statuses , %completed (based on statuses) etc .

You can view/create your complete hierarchy in a tree view. With Roll up for Time estimates and Story Points and custom number fields ate each parent level. 

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Links Hierarchy - Child Issue Types.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events