• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Dashboard which shows issue count by status for a number of Epics?

I have a number of Epics each with a number of issues in them and those issues have various statuses. What I'd like to do is provide a self-service report which shows the Epics and for each Epic a count of issues for each status. For example,  Epic A has 5 "to do" issues, 3 "In Progress" issues and 1 "Done" issue; Epic B has 0 "to do" issues, 2 "In Progress" issues and 6 "Done" issues. This is using Jira Software Cloud Standard. I want do provide this without users having to click on each individual Epic and viewing the issue list and manually counting issues by status.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

A simple "two dimensional filter statistics" gadget will do this on a dashboard.

Run a search for the issues you are interested in (not the epics, but the issues).  Save it as a filter, then go to the dashboard, add the gadget, put in the name of your saved filter, and select "status" on the X axis and "epic link" on the Y axis.

Beautiful, thank you.

Like # people like this

No problem.  2d gadget is a firm favourite for me, I often plug it.

I just wanted to add that I forgot to talk about the filter - one of the nice things about this trick is that the filter doesn't have to be based on links, you could have it look at one or many projects, search by priority, tie it to a user or group etc ("priority = critical" was a firm favourite at my last place). 

The gadget will report by Epic Link and status, whatever the search.  One "get everything of every possible relevance" is to use "Epic link is not empty"

Like Jackie Larena-Lacayo likes this

This is great! I just implemented it :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,044 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you