Customizing Portal Interface

London April 17, 2024

Hi! 

I am looking to figure out how to customize a support portal to look similarly to the one linked here (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/templates/customer-service-management) on the first page. In the customization tools I have I do not seem to have the tools to make our portal look this way. Is this a permissions issue or based on the subscription a company has? When I select "use template" it gives me the same format as the portal I currently have which are the very basics. When I go into the "customize" tab on the right hand side of the portal, and select "edit layout" I only have "topics" and "portals" to choose from to select articles from the knowledge base. I do not have anything that would allow me to edit the format of the portal page or select from icons. Also when I select "customize look and feel" I only have the option of changing the name on the page, the banner, and banner colors as well as the logo and the title. 

2 answers

0 votes
Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ April 17, 2024

Hi @London ! 

If you're Project Admin, you won't have all the options because a few of them refer to Help Center which is shared by many projects - that's why to customize background or colors (which is Help Center specific), you must be Jira Admin with global permissions. 

To change the icon of request types, you need to go to Request type configuration under the project settings. Then, please click any request type to edit it and select an icon to replace it with a new one:

rt.png

You may use already predefined icon, or upload your own.

Please also be aware that native JSM is a bit limited, therefore, if the customization is essential from your organization's perspective, I recommend checking what 3rd part apps can offer, for instance:

• Theme Extension for JSM - currently, there is a LIST Theme, however, we're currently working on a CARD Theme which will he an eye-catching layout and I''m pretty sure you will like it ;) 
  • Refined Theme which is also worth trying!

Of course, everything depends on your needs but in case of any questions regarding Theme Extension - I'll do my best to answer :) You may also contact our support team directly and schedule a quick call (here) to see the List theme in the practive, and Card theme in mockups :) 

London April 18, 2024

Hi @Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ 

This is helpful information for the request form information and changing the portal types. Just to make sure I understood the information you have provided. For having a theme similar to the one listed in the screenshot I would need to select the refined theme? Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 10.37.43 AM.png

0 votes
Vijay Dadi April 17, 2024

If I am not wrong, you need to be a Jira admin to see more options for customer portal re-branding. I am also looking for a way to add a picture along with colour scheme.

London April 17, 2024

I am a Jira admin, unless there are different Jira admin types specifically? 

Vijay Dadi April 17, 2024

When you go to portal, on right hand side if you see "Customize" that means you are a Jira Admin.

rebrand.png

rebrand-1.png

London April 18, 2024

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.01.17 AM.pngYes, I have those options on the side of the screen. So for this example that is on the website I included above...is this an example of portals? I was looking to have my knowledge base article topics set up similar to this because currently it looks like this.(pictured above) Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 10.37.43 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events