Customized filter does not work properly

Leila K January 6, 2022

project = <Project_Name> AND component = <Component_Name" AND status in ("To Do", "In Progress", "In Backlog", Acceptance, Pending, "Ready for Review", "ready for work") AND fixVersion in (2.0.1, 2.0.0) OR affectedVersion in ("Text/1.0.0", "text/1.1.0", "text/1.2.0", "text/1.3.0", "text/1.4.0", "text/1.4.1")

The search result is giving me wrong information  for component and status  

I tried to substitute the Status with a different definition 

1-status not in (Closed, Resolved, "In Integration", "Scheduled for Integration")

2-status != "Closed" => this also trigger search result to find other project !!

3- resolution = Unresolved 

However, adding status again at the end of search  seems to give me correct result 

project = <Project_Name> AND component = <Component_Name" AND status in ("To Do", "In Progress", "In Backlog", Acceptance, Pending, "Ready for Review", "ready for work") AND fixVersion in (2.0.1, 2.0.0) OR affectedVersion in ("Text/1.0.0", "text/1.1.0", "text/1.2.0", "text/1.3.0", "text/1.4.0", "text/1.4.1") AND status in ("To Do", "In Progress", "In Backlog", Acceptance, Pending, "Ready for Review", "ready for work")

Seems there is something wrong or I am missing a point here since you have more experience could you please advise me why the search result behave like this?   

Thanks in Advance,

LK

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Leila K 

Welcome to Community!

You have syntax mistake. If I understand your problkem correctly it should be:

project = <Project_Name> AND component = <Component_Name" AND status in ("To Do", "In Progress", "In Backlog", Acceptance, Pending, "Ready for Review", "ready for work") AND (fixVersion in (2.0.1, 2.0.0) OR affectedVersion in ("Text/1.0.0", "text/1.1.0", "text/1.2.0", "text/1.3.0", "text/1.4.0", "text/1.4.1"))

From Atlassian documentation: The AND keyword takes precedence over other keywords, because it groups clauses together, essentially turning them into one combined clause.

It means that in your query Jira try to search this way:

project = <Project_Name> AND component = <Component_Name" AND status in ("To Do", "In Progress", "In Backlog", Acceptance, Pending, "Ready for Review", "ready for work") AND fixVersion in (2.0.1, 2.0.0)

OR

affectedVersion in ("Text/1.0.0", "text/1.1.0", "text/1.2.0", "text/1.3.0", "text/1.4.0", "text/1.4.1")

Regards,

Piotr

Leila K January 6, 2022

Hi Piotr, Super, Thanks for prompt response and your kind support. It is working now. 

Best Regards,

Leila 

Suggest an answer