Customized Dashboard

Claudiu Fulga May 26, 2022

Hello,

i am a new employee and have to use Jira for some dashboards to facilitate follow up on some open issues.

The problem is that i am using one of the Jira Projects in my organization, in which i have created a set of initiatives under a structure board.

Therefore, for the dashboard, i am only interested in showing those issues under that set of initiative I created. Unfortunately, dashboard shows me all the issues from this big project.

Anyone knows how can i select only certain initiatives (subsequent epics and tasks they have)?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Claudiu Fulga May 26, 2022

Hi Dave, 

thanks so much for your answer.

• Jira Cloud or Jira Data Center? How can i tell?
  • When you say "structure board" are you referring to product Structure, or something else?   (Does you screen look something like the one below?) It looks similar, it is a structure I created so i can easily view the issues grouped by initiative, epic, task etc. 
  • When you say "dashboard" are your referring to a Jira (or Confluence) dashboard you created, or the the structure board itself?I mean Jira dashboard, yes

thanks so much

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Claudiu Fulga  👋

I think we'll need bit more information to help you:

• Jira Cloud or Jira Data Center?
  • When you say "structure board" are you referring to product Structure, or something else?   (Does you screen look something like the one below?)
  • When you say "dashboard" are your referring to a Jira (or Confluence) dashboard you created, or the the structure board itself?

Sample+Structure.jpg

Best,

-dave

Thomas Miller October 21, 2022

Hi. I believe I have a similar issue.

I am using Jira Coud and have a Roadmap consisting of a series of Programs and Initiatives (aka Objectives?).

In a dashboard I would like to be able to use the roadmap feature to view one of these programs but the filter for the Jira Road Map gadget only displays a list of projects.

Is there a way around this or any alternative ideas?

Cheers!
TM

Suggest an answer