Customize my list by adding fields on a global level for all users

Benedikt Leisten January 19, 2022

Hallo everyone,

I would like to add fields to my list and overview on a global level for all my current users.

The link below was showing me only the possibility for myself but not globally

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/customize-your-list-by-adding-or-removing-fields/#Jira-custom-fields

Looking forward to your help.

Thank you very much

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi Benedik - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is currently not possible with Jira Work Management project lists. The changes you make will only be see by you, and each user must make the changes themselves. The hope is that they will add this ability sometime in the future. 

Benedikt Leisten January 19, 2022

Thanks for your reply

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2022

Hi @Benedikt Leisten, welcome to the community!

Just to add to John's answer: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you could try JXL for Jira. It's a full-fledged table/spreadsheet view for your issues that can be configured to match your exact needs - including, of course, by adding, removing, and arranging fields.

In JXL, this configuration is, by default, shared across all your users.

Here's how JXL looks in action:

column-management.gif

JXL also comes with support for inline editing (either individually or in bulk, via copy/paste), quick sorting and filtering, issue hierarchies, and much more. More info at https://jxl.app.

(Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps,

Hannes

Benedikt Leisten January 21, 2022

Thanks a lot for your comments, I'm using it now

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL