Customize Velocity report - show only Sprints for one Team, even if multiple Teams are in the board

Hirok Sanyal April 23, 2024

We have 3 teams - A,B,C. Each team is identified by Team Name(s). Each team creates their own Sprint. Team A has created a board where all stories for Team A shows up. Since some stories have multiple teams working on it, some Sprints for Team B and C also show up in this board. 

In the velocity report for Team A, the velocity for all Sprints are being displayed (since the board has some stories where team B or C are also working on it, these stories are shown under Sprints for B and C). How can we display only the velocity for Team A? 

We created a filter, selected only Team A and Sprint for Sprint A, but the velocity report is showing only the bar for committed points, not the completed points. 

How can we display only the velocity for Team A? 

Hopefully I was able to explain the problem. Suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2024

Hello @Hirok Sanyal ~ you would need to create separate boards for each team to be able to see velocity explicitly by each team.  Adjust your board filter to include the team query qualification.  If Sprints are shared across teams, they can be viewed/managed via an all-inclusive board (i.e. project = ABC order by Rank ASC).  The team-specific boards can be used for reporting only.  HTH

Thank You @Laurie Sciutti 

I had created the board but the filter was not 100% correct. I had to select all Sprints for team A, I was able to fix it.

It works now!

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2024

Awesome!  Glad that worked for you, @Hirok Sanyal .  Please consider marking this as "Answered".

Thanks. I marked it as answer accepted. Please let me know if I need to do anything else to mark this as closed. 

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events