Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customize Test project and then migrate to a clean one

Patrick I'm New Here Jul 21, 2021

Hello everybody, we build up an test project to get familiar with jira and start customizing fields and workflows. When we finished our testing, we wanna start with a clean project. Is there a way to migrate fields, configurations, workflows... to the new and clean project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It depends on the project type.

For team-managed projects - no.  There's no way to transfer configuration between projects.

For company-managed projects - yes, but it's not a migration.  Most of the config of a company-managed project is done with global "schemes", so you'll have a field configuration scheme, a permission scheme, an issue type scheme, a workflow scheme and so on, that define the configuration of the current project.  When you create your new project, instead of using a template, tell it to "share with existing project" and you'll find it takes on the schemes that the first project has.  (Even if you create from a template, you can always change the schemes to shared ones later)

Patrick I'm New Here Jul 21, 2021

Great - that makes it easier. Thank you for the fast response! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

25 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you