Customising for Risk/Issue Management

Taz Webster January 19, 2022

I have used JIRA in my previous role for the management of risks, issues, dependencies, and artifacts etc. How do I customise JIRA, please?

2 answers

0 votes
Margus _SoftComply_ April 27, 2022

Hi!

If you want to use Jiras own features (instead of some marketplace app), then you need to start perhaps adding new issuetype that will be your risk. Then you need to figure our your risk model - what are your levels of probabilities and impacts. With Jiras own features, you could create custome fields with single select fields for that. For risk levels you have to add some magic with Jira Automation, but thats not so hard also. Then when the classifiers are set, it adjusts automatically risk level field. Then after that, all fields-screens related to this issuetype and you are done. 
Its maybe not so nice as if it would be done by a dedicated app in marketplace, but it serves its purpose. So there are some Jira admin work needed to be done first and then you can already decide if its the thing you need.

cheers,

Margus

SoftComply

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

@Taz Webster Can you please describe what you are trying to customize.  Are you just trying to add new issue types, change workflows, etc?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events