Customers not receiving emails when I reply to ticket from Jira

Zainab
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2023

When I "reply to customer" in a Support ticket from Jira, customers are not receiving the reply as an email (neither in inbox nor in spam). How to have this fixed ASAP?

3 answers

1 vote
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2023

Hi @Zainab 

It might that all outgoing email is disabled.

If you have Jira administrator rights, please check if the Outgoing Email setting is enabled.

1 vote
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2023

Hi @Zainab ,

Are they not receiving any emails ? Or is it just some emails they are not receiving.

Can you check the settings of the "Customer Notifications" ?

Project settings --> Customer Notifications

There is also a "Customer Notification log" in your JSM Project. The menu item is just below the "Project Settings" menu item.

Best regards,

Kris

Zainab
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter

Thank you for your reply. As far as I've noticed, seems like no one is receiving emails. Customer notification settings are enabled for public comments. As for the notification log, it's empty. 

What else could be the issue?

Best regards, 

Zainab

0 votes
jaison dsouza March 29, 2024

I am facing the same issue all settings and notifications are enabled but the replies are not received by email,

nor in the spam or anywhere what could be the possibility and what can we do to solve this?

Ian Pollard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 13, 2024

Same problem :(

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2024

I would recommend that you create a support ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact if you are an admin of a paid plan. 

Admins of free plans only have access here within Community.  If you would like to share with us the email or Atlassian account ID of the user in question, I could take a closer look myself.   Atlassian Cloud services does maintain a suppression list.   It is possible that your site could be configured correctly, but the end user's account could be on that suppression list.  

Typically we would prefer to review this in a support case if possible.

Andy

Suggest an answer