Customer feedback link to my itrack project

ozn0417 October 3, 2017

Not sure if I am articulating it properly and it may have been answered already but here goes: Is it possible to have a "customer feedback" linked to an itrack project?

We have a website/web service for our customers; for any new bugs or feature requests our customers would have to send an email or contact one of our developers.  I would link to have a link in our website where any customer can go submit a bug or feature request in our jira project board.  We don't want to have to send us a email or provision access to our jira board to create the bug/fr.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

If your "website" is Confluence, there is a thing called an issue collector that is designed to do what you're after. People fill out a form in Confluence and that form gets pushed in to JIRA to populate fields and create issues.

If your website can send email, you could use JIRA's built-in mail handlers. You will need to have an IMAP(S) or POP3(S) mailbox that JIRA checks, though. If you need more smarts than what the built-in mail handlers can provide, you can buy an app called JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler (JEMH) that can scrape the email body and use included text to populate fields, etc.

Finally, JIRA has a REST API that you could manipulate via script or other automation from your website. You'd need to develop something, but this would be the most elegant solution if you're not using Confluence for your website.

Suggest an answer