Custom interface - last changed by field in cloud api

Tim Barrow November 25, 2022

Creating a custom interface that will create and update issues - changes occurring in Jira and in custom app.  Will be pulling from source application every few hours anything that has changed in certain projects. 

What I can't figure out is how to differentiate between those updated from the interface in the last run and those updated by other Jira users.

I will have a timestamp stored on the other end to just pull tickets that have changed since the last run.  But I will also be updating issues on the custom app side to send to Jira - and I don't want to accidentally pick up those tickets in the pull.

Standard api has last updated date I can use in jql.  I see that I can add a custom field for last updater or commenter.  However - this custom field does not show up in api like the rest of the custom fields.  Field isn't available in advanced filter jql.

Anyone have a hint on how I might be able to accomplish this?

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2022

History for a ticket is available in the /rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/changelog endpoint, documented here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-changelog-get

I guess you'll need to grab all of the changes and then the most recent one will show who last updated it.

Suggest an answer