Custom filter on Jira software roadmap

Glenn Michaels January 27, 2023

link https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-your-view-on-the-roadmap/

states on custom filter "This feature is currently rolling out to cloud customers. Your site may not reflect these changes, or you might not see it in your site just yet."

How do I know if my site contains?  We have a custom field that has values that we would like to filter on.   Quick filter does not work unless we make a filter for every drop down value in the list

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2023

Hi @Glenn Michaels ,

Have you defined any additional quick filters on the agile board of your project?

You can check this by looking at your board and see if there are more than 2 buttons available (besides Only My Issues and Recently Updated).

You board/project/Jira administrator can create additional quick filters.

I do have quick filters and I created some.   I don't see how to create a quick filter where I could select 1 of the 10 options on this custom field, but would need to make a quick filter for each of the 10 fields.   I rather have a filter like  Labels - where I can select from the drop list.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2023

Aha, now I understand.

You cannot create a select list filter for custom field values. You would then indeed need to create a filter for each possible value, but that's not feasible.

Like Glenn Michaels likes this

Thanks for confirming, is it our version Jira software roadmap that prevents this field from showing as a regular filter ?  We have Status Category, Epic, Label, plus the quick filter

Great getting a response, is much appreciated. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events