Custom fields

Gregory James May 24, 2023

I have a custom field, It's a dropdown menu, lets say it says "Yes" and "No" or "True" and "False" - is there anyway I can trigger it do notify someone only if one value is selected and not the other? IE. Can I have it notify someone specific if someone chooses the Yes value and do nothing if someone chooses the No value? Thank you guys so much for your time. I know this may be possible with some automation I just don't know how just yet. lol.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Gregory,

Yes, it can do that. Just add a Condition for the custom field for the value Yes.

How do I add a condition? I tried it doesn't seem to be working?

Screenshot 2023-05-24 141821.png

Screenshot 2023-05-24 141940.png

It's not working, I need it to send an email to that address ONLY WHEN "YES" is selected, when "No" is selected, to do nothing...?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

You need a condition component, like the one in my example below. The issue fields condition should do it.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Yes this is possible and as you guessed automation can do this. The rule would be fairly simple and at a very basic level it would look something like this:

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 9.44.25 AM.png

In this example when the issue is created and Priority is set to Highest it will send an email. If Priority set to something else the automation will stop and do nothing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events