Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Next challenges

Recent achievements

  • Global
  • Personal

Recognition

  • Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

  • Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom fields not shown in the Admin Custom field list Edited

I know this has been recently addressed several time but none of the answers appears to address my similar issue.

I'm running Jira 7.13.0 with ScriptRunner and Exocet plugins.

The html output of the page looks like this:

...
<section class="aui-page-panel-content">
<header class="aui-page-header">...</header>
<p>...</p>
<div id="customfields-container"></div>
<div id="custom-fields-loading-indicator"></div>
</section>
...

I can run the below REST request and see all the fields. None appear to have a malformed description.

https://myjira.mycompany.com/rest/api/2/customFields?maxResults=500

 Any suggestion on how to identify the problem and fix it?

 

2 answers

1 accepted

Update:

Looks like there has to be TWO language packs enabled in order to view the Admin custom fields list. I verified this by enabling and disabling the English (United Kingdom) language pack with the English (United States) language pack already installed and enabled. With both enabled the custom fields can be views. Disabling the UK package caused the page to not render the custom field list.

See here for more details:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67956

Thanks for the help @Tilwin Joy .

0 votes

Hi,

Could you check if Enable HTML in custom field descriptions and list item values in general jira configuration is enabled?
There can be a custom field that has erroneous JavaScript in it's description.
Turning this off and checking if you can access the page can confirm if this is the case.
 
If that does not help, could you go to the custom fields page, press F12, select "console" tab and see if there are any errors?

Enable HTML in custom field descriptions is OFF.

Console output just shows some warnings regarding using the deprecated Dropdown instead of Dropdown2.

When I do a REST get for the custom fields I see all the fields and none appear to have ill-formatted. descriptions.

I know there have been something changed in my production version that occurred after I took a snapshot of the data to use in my development version. The development version with the snapshot data shows the custom fields.

Is there a way I can trace the changes to the custom fields since the snapshot was taken?

An update:

More background info:

I updated my development version with the data from the production version. A few days later the production version stopped showing the Custom Fields in the admin screen (see the original post for details). When I compare the REST request for the custom fields between the two version, the output didn't exactly match up. A couple of the fields that have the same Name and Description have different ids and a couple of fields that have the same ids have different Name and Description.

I've deleted the discrepant custom fields and re-indexed but still don't see the Custom Field list. I can access and interact with the fields by replacing field ids in the url but this is far from an optimal solution.

All integrity checks pass.

Any ideas on how to investigate possible database integrity issues with the custom fields?

Hi, could you try adding the feature flag `jira.customfields.paginated.ui.disabled`, and see if the old view works?
Just trying to ensure if this is a database integrity issue or not

Added the suggest flag and still nothing in the Admin Custom Field list page.

Only reason I can think of for the page to remain at the loading state (`<div id="custom-fields-loading-indicator"></div>`) is due to a JavaScript error stopping script execution.

Or this request

https://myjira.mycompany.com//rest/api/2/customFields?startAt=1&maxResults=25 

 fails, but in this case you should see an error flag if Javascript is still being executed

Thanks for the reply.

https://myjira.mycompany.com/rest/api/2/customFields

works just fine. I can retrieve all the custom fields and review their content. It is what I used to compare the custom fields between the development and production versions.

Given that the customFields REST command works, I'm looking for help in debugging

why

https://myjira.mycompany.com/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa

is not returning the custom fields. I agree with you the problem suggests ill-formed JS somewhere. I just need help identifying where "somewhere" is.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,459 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you