Custom field that resembles a spreadsheet in an edit issue screen

Christopher Moretti May 22, 2023

The manipulation of Jira issue types and screens is a bit new to me at a low level, so I wanted to see if something was possible.  I have a custom issue type that allows me to track a "package" of data.  The package itself has custom fields to track data with drop downs and selected lists.  All of that seems logical and intuitive.  There is a financial component where a package will include a maximum $ amount.  We need to track spending individually and ensure it doesn't exceed that $ amount.

What I am looking for is the ability to add an entry into the package.  In my mind, it would essentially be a tab on the "Edit" package screen.  A tab that resembled a database/spreadsheet format.  I would have a button to add a spending event with specific fields associated to the event.  Type, Amount, Date, etc.  I would add the funding event and it would get dynamically added to the package as a new entry.  Then I would have a mechanism that shows me total spent to compare against the max allowed.

Hopefully this makes sense.  Is there a mechanism in Jira that would allow me to do this?  My initial thought was that the funding event would be a custom issue type, but I would only be able to create or edit those issue types within the edit package screen and it would automatically be tied directly to that issue ID and show within the edit Package screen tab.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events