Custom field not showing when editing Issue Types for project

Giuliano Pietoso August 31, 2022

Hi all. I am trying to use two custom fields (check screenshot below) which are enabled for all issue types and all projects and all screens. Still they do not appear when I go to my Project's settings -> Issue Types and edit a Task issue type.

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 11.00.49.png

What else should I be looking for to make them appear on the field list?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Giuliano Pietoso ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Check your issue type screen scheme and verify that these two fields are on edit screen. Please, keep in mond that if you have just a screen for create/edit, these two fields will appear also on creation.

Hiope this helps,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ thank you for the reply.

I currently only have a Default Issue Type screen. I never tweaked around this part of the configuration so I'm a bit confused on how to proceed here. Documentation is not so clear.

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 12.13.50.png

This Default Screen has the field. I added it to them but still cannot see it popping up anywhere when I edit any of my Issue Types.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

ciao @Giuliano Pietoso , please check if fields have been hidden from ui.

Use find your field menu :

Immagine.png

Ciao! They do not show up on the list there (not even under custom fields).

My goal is to get them listed on the right of the screen (check screenshot).

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 12.54.47.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

Ciao @Giuliano Pietoso ,

you are on team managed project so you need to create fields for this specific project.

Please take a loom here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-an-issues-fields-in-team-managed-projects/

Fabio

Thank you @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ .

Would you happen to know how I can add a new field type? I need a datetime range picker and it is not listed on the right side as shown in the print from my post above.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

Read the documentation linked in my previous comment :

Create custom fields

To create a new custom field:

1. From your project's sidebar, select Project settings > Issue types.
  2. Select the issue type you want to edit.
  3. Under Create a field, drag the type of field you want to create. Jira highlights the areas you can drop the field into. Learn more about the available types of custom fields.
  4. Give your new field a name (up to 120 characters).
  5. Configure any extra field options, like adding a description for your team or setting a default value.
  6. Select Save changes.

Your new field is also available to your project's other issue types in their Previously-created fields lists.

You can create up to 50 custom fields in your project.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

Hi @Giuliano Pietoso and welcome to the community!

You have to add these two fields to the issue types edit screens. Read more here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events