Custom field User-Picker showing no users

Steve Lanaghen March 20, 2020

Basic question - I'm trying to set up a user-picker in a custom field and no options show up.

The assignee field shows the list of users just fine.  My custom field shows no options.  I am an Administrator and don't have an overly customized project.    Global "Browse users and groups" is set to allow the groups jira-users and jira-developers.  Project level "Browse Projects" is set to allow the same groups.  There is no user filtering for the custom field.

I've looked at other articles but nothing mentioned seems out of place.  Suggestions?

6 answers

1 vote
Geert Hermans November 16, 2020

Same issue. I'm using a next-gen project and have added several fields of type "people" to all issue types. When trying to populate the field on an issue's page it shows no suggestions. Trying to type a name or email address isn't enough to allow me to set the user for the field.

1 vote
Ian Wermerling November 7, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue.  Any solutions out there?

1 vote
Valter Oliveira July 9, 2020

I am also facing the same issue. As I start typing the user name in the custom field the dropdown list filters and brings the related user. But if I simply click in the field while is still empty, the dropdown list does not show all the available users to choose from as it's the behavior of the "Assignee" field.

1 vote
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

Is your project a Next-Gen project or classic project ? 

Steve Lanaghen March 21, 2020

I'm using classic.

Steve Lanaghen March 24, 2020

Any suggestions?

0 votes
shahjad ahemad May 19, 2023

Did any one found solution for this issue.

0 votes
katja March 11, 2021

Same issue. I'm using a next-gen project and added a field of "people" type to an issue template. But when I try to type a name, it shows no suggestions. And even after I tried typing full name or email address and click enter, the information in the field changes to the word "Anonymous" 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events