Custom Reports for Kanban Board - Track Work and "Print Out" into PDF or Similar?

Cosden Leahey January 27, 2021

My team and I use a Kanban board that is comprised of tickets from a number of projects, and is filtered using a label. 

We meet biweekly to discuss previous work and do some brief planning, and have been manually re-capturing work from tickets into a PowerPoint slide for easy presentation and storage for the future. 

My question is: are there any reports (custom or otherwise) available where I can "freeze" the board and create a "print out" or something similar of each persons tickets To Do, In Progress, and Done? This would effectively create a page (or directly a PDF) that visually shows each persons tickets in the chosen time period and their respective status.

This does seem like a bit of a large ask, but I know the standard reports for projects on JIRA are quite extensive, so I am hoping that there is some functionality to make this possible. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Cosden Leahey  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you looked into the gadgets on Dashboards to see if you can meet your needs?  You could add gadgets with filters for the different people, and then see the report at a moment in time, or dependent upon the criteria of the filters used.

You could also just use filters, picking your columns and sort order (by assignee and status) and export the results for reporting.  And, you could subscribe to the filter so it can automagically email the information to you.

Best regards,

Bill

Cosden Leahey January 28, 2021

I think that worked - I created a filter that shows all of the tickets I am considering, and then selects for tickets closed within 14 days, and tickets that are Open, made at any time. I subscribed to that filter, so I will get an email biweekly that prints out that list of tickets (closed within 14 days or open). That worked great! Anything I can do to improve the visuals? Simply seeing the list is great, but visually would be nice to have some flexibility. Anyway...thanks for the help. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

I am glad that helped you.  Now that you have a filter (or two) you can look at the dashboard gadgets to see if they can visualize what you wish:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-dashboard-gadgets/

Outside of Jira, you could also look at the official Excel add-in or the Google Sheets version to pull data and build visuals/reports to help.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/The-add-in-you-ve-been-waiting-for-Jira-Cloud-for-Excel/ba-p/1210420

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-jira-cloud-for-sheets/

If this information helped you, please consider marking this question as answered.  That will help others in the community find answers faster.  Thanks!

Like Cosden Leahey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events